Sarah Jane Hemsley Upholstery Terms & Conditions
This contract exists between the re-upholsterer, Sarah Jane Hemsley Upholstery (SJH), and the Client (whose name appears on the written quote/estimate). The contract will include those instructions written into the contract only.
1. SJH is responsible for the delivery of all of the re-upholstery work as detailed in the quote/estimate sent to the Client.
2. Any additional instructions further to the original written quote/estimate must be confirmed in writing and a price agreed for the additional work and materials, before the work can proceed. Additional work, which may not be apparent when the quote/estimate is provided, will be advised to the client on discovery, and course of action agreed. This includes frame and spring repairs which may be hidden by upholstery.
3. To avoid confusion telephone orders should always be confirmed in writing, e.g. via email. In addition changes to orders will only be accepted in writing, e.g. via email.
4. We will endeavour to deliver items forming part of this contact at the specified time, however, that is dependant on the materials required to complete the work being available at the time of the work is to be undertaken. We will keep the Client informed at all times of supply problems, or other factors, which can affect delivery times.
5. All old top covers and trims will be removed prior to upholstery, these will be discarded unless the Client advises that they are to be returned, and this advice must be made in writing.
6. Work undertaken for domestic Clients on furniture originally produced after 1st January 1950 must meet the requirements of the The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire Safety) Regulations 1988 (amended 1989 and 1993).
Clients are advised that in order to meet these regulations any top covering fabric supplied by SJH must meet one of the following criteria:-
be inherently compliant
OR – be back coated
OR – be composed of at least 75% natural fibres and therefore can be used with a Schedule 3 interliner (fire barrier)
Work undertaken for contract use must meet the requirements of BS 7176:2007.
7. With regard to the Client’s own fabric: when a Client supplies his/her own materials or fabric, it is their responsibility to ensure that the fabric is suitable for the purpose for which they intended to use it.
8. SJH will do her best to advise clients of the suitability of fabrics, whether supplied by SJH or not, however, we can only take responsibility for materials/fabrics which are supplied by us.
Covering fabrics supplied by the Client is at their own risk. Shortage of covering fabric supplied by the Client is the Client’s responsibility and not SJHs.
9. Fabrics sent direct to SJH must have your (the Client) name clearly marked on the delivery note so that we can check, on your behalf, that we have received the correct fabric.
10. Please ensure you request fabric companies to roll all fabric on tubes, with no more than one fabric per tube. One continuous length of fabric should be used unless an extra amount is taken into account for pattern matching. We will do our best to remove creases but this cannot be guaranteed.
11. Any problems with an order whether our (SJH) fault or yours (the Client) must be brought to our attention within seven days of receipt of the order. Thereafter charges will be made for any correctional work undertaken.
12. SJH will not be responsible for charges if you (the Client) have another upholstery company make corrections – you will still be responsible for the original bill.
13. Charges will be made for any corrections undertaken that are not the responsibility of SJH; i.e. were not part of the scope of the original job.
14. SJH reserves the right to apply a minimum £50.00 charge to repair accidental damage not caused by us.
15. SJH cannot be held responsible for fabric flaws. If we cannot cut around them you will be notified.
16. Insurance Claims: SJH undertakes all work on behalf of the Client named on the written quote. However, it is they who are responsible for payment of the account. In the case of Insurance Companies and Insurance work, we will undertake the work on the clear understanding that the account will be paid by the Client named on the written quote, when the account becomes due as described in Clause 17.
17. Where work is undertaken in relation to an insurance claim, a 50% payment on acceptance of the estimate will be payable by the Client, unless an agreement exists between SJH and the insurers to pay the account directly.
18. PAYMENT TERMS:
All orders are subject to a minimum 30% acceptance deposit. This deposit is normally non-refundable. The balance is due in full on or before delivery.
Interest on overdue accounts will be charged at 1.5% per month or part thereof. Quotes and estimates stand for three months.
Payment can be made by bank transfer, cash, or cheque. Details will be supplied.
19. If a Client wishes to bring a job forward in the work schedule from the time slot specified the job will incur a surcharge of 20%.
20. Carriage and delivery is free of charge within a 15 minute driving radius of Sarah Jane Hemsley Upholstery, TW1 1NA. However, charges from £25.00 will apply outside of this area. Please ask SJH for a quote if this service is required.
21. Complaints will be dealt with as quickly as possible and resolution of same will be our prime objective. Complaints, which cannot be resolved by SJH and the Client, may be referred to The Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers, who will arbitrate and suggest a course of action, which is acceptable to both parties. The Association may charge a fee for this service.
22. SJH may use photographic images of the Clients furniture on her website, social media and in hard copy as examples of her work and for promotional purposes. The furniture will be anonymised.
Please note if a Client does not wish their furniture to be used in this way they should put this in writing to SJH.
23. Delays to the schedule incurred by the Client, such as abortive site visits, together with any consequential expenses incurred will be chargeable to the Client.
24. The deposit payment of 30% will form an acceptance of the terms and conditions above.
Sarah Jane Hemsley Upholstery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, or by contacting Sarah Jane Hemsley Upholstery, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as address & postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about events, new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website and other electronic communication may contain links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to, emailing or contacting us via our website.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to;
Sarah Jane Hemsley Upholstery
4 Normanhurst Drive
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us (email@example.com) as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.